The Belleview Soccer Club is looking for people interested in serving on our Board of Directors. On this page is a list of the current vacancies and their job descriptions.
We will be holding interviews for these positions Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 6:30 pm at the soccer fields. If you are interested in serving in any of the above positions, please let us know by email (email@example.com) no later Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm (noon). Interested persons will be required to attend the interview on July 21, 2021 at 6:30 pm to be considered for the position.
- Be responsible for submitting all player and coach registration forms to FYSA.
- Collect & verify all player Birth Certificates as obtained at registration.
- Submit all completed volunteer forms to FYSA.
- Verify all coaches, assistant coaches and other members/staff have completed a background check and the online The Risk Management Certification successfully.
- Maintain a detailed record of all registered members.
- Submit a record of registration to President and Treasurer.
- Inform Director of Coaches and Director of Safety of any medical condition a player has. (e.g., diabetes, allergies to bee stings, etc.)
Director of Coaches
- Coordinate the recruiting of all coaches and coordinate coaching educational activities.
- Contact all potential coaches using the previous years’ roster and information provided on registration forms.
- Conduct mandatory coaches meeting prior to the start of the season, and schedule other coaches meetings as deemed appropriate.
- Be responsible for setting up a Team Mom or Team Dad for each team and passing along information that needs to reach Parents and Players.
- Oversee the conduct of all coaches and assistant coaches associated with the Club.
- Assist with the player evaluations and draft of teams.
- Distribute materials to the coaches as needed.
- Set up and distribute team play schedule.
- Coordinate & distribute uniforms with Team Moms/Dads.
- Collect Team standings weekly and keep records of point scores for each division. Distribute standings and records to the appropriate member(s) of the club (President and Director of Public Relations).
- Be responsible for passing along information that needs to reach Team Parents and Players.
Director of Equipment and Fields
- Be responsible for inventorying and distributing all Club-owned equipment.
- Submit requests for new and replacement equipment to the Board for approval.
- Coordinate the replacement of broken or lost equipment during the season with the approval of the Board.
- Be responsible for the layout and marking of fields as needed during the soccer season.
- Be responsible for all repairs to nets.
- Be responsible for repairs to fields.
- Be responsible for the initial set up and tear down of fields each season.
- Be responsible for preparing Game bags for each division. (These bags should include game ball, referee flags, and set of rules for each division.)
Director of Public Relations
- Release or distribute any information on Club sponsored events to the news media.
- Produce and distribute the Club newsletter.
- Maintain the Club Website and social media pages.
- Publicize registration activities to the community at large in coordination with the Director of Sponsorships.
- Be responsible to distribute all Sponsor Plaques and certificates to sponsors.
- Coordinate & oversee all club fundraisers with Director of Sponsorships.
- Turn in and report all funds from club fundraisers (at conclusion) to the club Treasurer.
- Coordinate with the Secretary on letters of appreciation to all sponsors, volunteers, and patrons.
Director of Concessions
- Order, pick-up and deliver food to concession each week.
- Run concession stand each week or coordinate volunteers to handle the concession duties.
- Keep a record of receipts for items purchased each week and give to the Treasurer or President.
- Account for the weekly cash flow from the proceeds of goods sold and give to the Treasurer or President for deposit.
- Use a high degree of integrity and responsibility in handling BSC funds.
- Foster a fun atmosphere at the concession stand for the volunteers and patrons.