We are seeking motivated people who want to make a difference for the Club to fill the following openings with the Belleview Soccer Club Board of Directors:
- Director of Coaching
In addition to the specific duties of their positions listed below, all Board Members are expected to attend at least 75% of all club activities (including monthly meetings) and are required to help set up and tear down during game days. All Board Members must pass an annual level 1 background check (provided at no cost by the FYSA) as well as complete annual mandatory online training.
If you are interested, please submit a letter of interest to email@example.com
The following are the job descriptions for each position:
The Vice-President shall:
- Preside at meetings of the Club in the President’s absence.
- Assist the President in overseeing Club activities.
- Conduct elections under the supervision of the President.
- Assist the President with overseeing the player distribution process in keeping with Club’s Player Distribution Rule (Appendix F).
- Attend County meetings monthly if President in unavailable.
The Treasurer shall:
- Conduct the financial business of the Club.
- Present an income statement and report on the financial condition of the Club at each meeting.
- Prepare an End of the Year financial statement.
- Prepare and file Tax Forms as necessary.
- Be responsible for handling the Club’s insurance policy including renewals with the approval of the Board.
- Supervise the concession stand finances in conjunction with the Director of Concessions.
- Prepare and distribute Game Referee payments.
- Coordinates the ordering of uniforms in conjunction with the Director of Coaching.
The Registrar shall:
- Be responsible for submitting all player and coach registration information to FYSA.
- Verify all player Birth Certificates as obtained at registration.
- Assist the Director of Compliance in verifying that all coaches, assistant coaches and other members/staff have completed a background check and the online Risk Management Certifications successfully.
- Maintain a detailed record of all current members.
- Inform Director of Coaching and Director of Safety of any medical condition a player has. (e.g., diabetes, allergies to bee stings, etc.)
- Be available to handle phone calls and email messages regarding questions about registration.
Director of Coaching
The Director of Coaching shall:
- Coordinate the recruiting of all coaches and coordinate coaching educational activities.
- Contact all potential coaches using the previous years’ roster and information provided on registration forms.
- Conduct mandatory coaches meeting prior to the start of the season, and schedule other coaches meetings as deemed appropriate.
- Oversee the conduct of all coaches and assistant coaches associated with the Club.
- Assist with the player evaluations and draft of teams.
- Distribute materials to the coaches as needed.
- Set up and distribute team play schedule.
- Coordinate the ordering of uniforms in conjunction with the Treasurer.
- Coordinates the distribution of uniforms with the head coaches.
- Collect Team standings weekly and keep records of point scores for each division. Distribute standings and records to the appropriate member(s) of the club (President and Director of Public Relations).
- Be responsible for passing along information that needs to reach Team Parents and Players.